What are the main benefits of telemedicine?
- Convenience: It was originally designed for treating people living in remote areas where access to medical facilities is limited, or difficult. Today, telemedicine is not only beneficial for patients but also amazingly convenient for healthcare providers who no longer need to travel long distances to make a diagnosis. The interface is also very useful for people with disabilities or motor difficulties.
- Flexibility and time-saving: Patients can easily make an appointment that best fits their agenda. It saves time from going to an emergency department, or physician’s office, where waiting time can sometimes be very long.
- Avoid hospital overcrowding: Telemedicine helps decrease hospital admissions and avoid overcrowding emergency rooms (ER) with minor complaints when more urgent cases are awaiting. Meanwhile, it also prevents cross-contamination and keeps people away from contagious diseases in the waiting room.
- Online: Telemedicine is very easy to use, as getting an appointment can be made directly online or with just a phone call.
Telemedicine can be classified into three main categories:
- Interactive telemedicine/telehealth – allows physicians and patients to communicate in real-time. Such sessions can be conducted in the patient’s home or at a designated medical kiosk. Interactions include telephone conversations or the use of video conferencing software that complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Remote patient monitoring – also known as telemonitoring, allows patients to be monitored in their homes using mobile devices that collect data about temperature, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, or other vital signs.
- Store-and-forward – also known as asynchronous telemedicine, lets one healthcare provider share patient information, such as lab results, with another healthcare provider.
How does an online consultation work?
- Send us an inquiry using the contact form
You contact us with your medical issue and questions. We would be pleased to tell you what information and documents we need. We will then suggest the specialist best suited to deal with your problem.
- Make an appointment
The second step is to agree on an appointment for a telemedical consultation with the relevant physician via a telephone or video call. As the basis for this service, we recommend a 30-minute consultation, in which we offer advice, discuss your issue and answer your questions on diagnosis, treatment, and medication. As your doctor has prepared for this appointment using the medical documentation you provided, you will receive competent and efficient information on your concerns.
- Meet your doctor online
The consultation takes place via a video or telephone call on the date you require. Standard transmission technologies are available for this purpose.
Sermorelin Therapy Clinic Telemedicine Service
In our time, telemedicine has become a necessity, and more and more patients use this service. This service is available to all our clients and their families. They are entitled to free and unlimited telemedicine consultations 24/7.
The purpose of this service is to enable clients to request advice from the doctors of our clinic at any time and from anywhere in the world. You will receive a quick expert answer to medical problems and questions with complete confidentiality and without leaving your home. Our clients are entitled to as many visits as they deem necessary and can speak with a doctor without any time limit.
The telemedicine service allows you to discuss all health-related issues, no matter what day and time or where you are. Telemedicine service gives you peace of mind when you need medical attention. Our doctors are available and ready to give you personalized advice.
If you have any questions, please use our contact form for qualified consultation.